Qambani features a superb collection of detached modern villas, on the tip of the eastern coast of Zanzibar. Set on 3 ha of beautifully designed gardens, there are 7 villa suites, lots of spacious living areas and 2 pools… all with spectacular views over the turquoise Indian Ocean.
Guests are invited for a very luxurious and private ‘home away from home’ holiday..
Technology is clearly important to the Dutch owners of Qambani Villa. There is Wi-Fi throughout, the lighting is excellent, and all rooms feature a world-class wireless Sonos sound system.
Bottle of Champagne upon arrival
Candlelight dinner at the beach
Massage for two, or a Sunset Boat Cruise
Minimum stay of 5 nights
Copy of your marriage certificate is required, valid until 6 months after civil wedding
We LOVE Qambani! It's like visiting a friend’s luxury beach villa in paradise
A retreat for the discerning traveler, offering luxury and great privacy
The staff is at hand if needed, but very discreet and never intrusive
Two stunning pools, and a beautiful beach to stretch your legs
The beach at Qambani is seasonal. From December to May you may need to walk 10 minutes to a smaller beach. For the rest of the year, there is a lovely beach just a few steps away...
Accommodation comprises of 7 uniquely styled villas, each configured and decorated in their own tasteful style. All face the ocean with expansive sea views, and are full of light and sea-breezes. Most of the villas have two independent bedrooms.
Each villa at Qambani offers different styles and features: extra rooms and bathrooms for children, breeze-cooled loft rooms, outside showers or baths; even a parapet terrace right on the sea’s edge.
All villas offer:
- Over-bed fans
- Espresso machine
- Sonos sound system
– both one floor
Both Villas are 2 bedroom villas and are all about the ocean – delicate marine blues, antique boat timber furniture and a magnificent outside shower overlooking the sea.
- Suitable for families
- Total two bedrooms, two bathrooms:
- One double bed (200 x 220 cm) with bathroom and outside shower. One twin (each bed 100 x 200 cm) with ensuite shower-room.
- Sitting area and sea-view veranda.
- Total size 95 m2
– both two floors
Africa Villa – bold African textiles, carvings and calming creams adorn these contemporary villas. A flame tree shades the verandah, providing a soft sanctuary for tropical days.
Plantation Villa – a romantic, colonially inspired villa, adorned with antique maps, botanical drawings and Persian rugs. An airy upstairs room offers cool breezes and expansive sea views.
- Suitable for couples
- Ground floor: One double bed (200 x 220 cm) with bathroom (bath and shower)
- First floor: One open-air double (bed 180 x 200cm) loft room with basin
- First floor terrace and ground floor sitting area and sea-view veranda.
- Downstairs area 65m2. Upstairs area 25 m2.
– two companion rooms on one floor
Strong colours, modern African art and quirky antiques adorn this luxurious villa, which is centred around a generous shared terrace and verandah – perfect for long, lazy afternoons and evenings!
- Suitable for two couples, or a family
- Each room one double bed (200 x 220 cm) with bathrooms, and outside shower.
- Shared central open-air sitting area and sea-view veranda.
- Total area 130m2.
This romantic and private villa, harks back to the days of the sultans, harems and parapets. A little tropical palace for two, teetering on the edge of a coral cliff, and tucked away on the far end of the property, this is the most private of the villas.
- Suitable for a couple
- 1 double bedroom
- En-suite shower room
- Self-contained (with own kitchenette)
- Outside bath on ocean’s edge
- Sea-view verandah
- Sundowner rooftop
- Total area: 50m2
As a special service for Sundowner Villa, a private chef can be arranged (bookable on site or in advance). US$100 per day.
A huge, breezy living space extends along the turquoise seafront, in the centre of the property – providing many generous, superbly equipped spots for hanging out.
- 6 sofas, in three main seating areas
- A self-help bar with fridge, ice-maker and Jura coffee machine
- Sides are louvred, and are all openable
- Sonos sound system and wi-fi
- Overhead fans
- Humidor with premium Cuban cigars
- Large sun-terrace with low dining table and long sun banquettes
- Plunge pool, with night lighting
Options to feast and entertain abound all over this spacious property. The master dining room has one large table (seating 16) and louvred doors that open three whole sides to the light sea breezes.
Alternatively, you could enjoy a fabulous seafood barbeque by the pool, or lounge on the main terrace in the coolness of the evening. Or retire to the sundowner rooftop at dusk, right on the ocean’s edge.
Qambani Villa has a generous, light and airy modern open-plan kitchen, fully equipped for catering to 24 guests. (Includes two large glass-fronted fridges, 6-burner gas range, electric double oven, espresso machine, microwave, steam oven, and ice-maker.)
Below, is a cellar and store chiseled for coolness, ten feet deep into the coral.
TV Room / Study
Comfy and informal, the TV room has a 51” flat-screen, HD TV with Bose surround sound audio. To one side, on a small desk, is an apple computer, connected to wifi, and colour printer/scanner.
Comfy sofas, air-conditioning, and overhead fans.
A beautifully mirrored gym room contains a small selection of body building equipment, rowing machine, treadmill, exercise bikes and ballet bar. Air-conditioning and overhead fans will keep you cool as you stay in shape!
A large infinity pool (25 x 7 metres -up to 2.5 metres deep) for spending endless afternoons in the water, exotic tropical gardens, and the Indian Ocean on your doorstep, provide fabulous swimming opportunities at Qambani. There is also a poolside bar and barbecue area/outside dining area for lazy lunches, coffee machine and changing room with shower.
Small Pool (salt water)
Beautifully shaped and secluded second pool area, terraced oval salt water pool, with smaller paddling pool – ideal for kids.
Five wooden steps take you to the magnificent beach. From June to November, a long, powdery white sand beach curls around the headland. From December to May, a smaller beach is just 10 minutes walk away at low tide.
The following activities can be arranged for you:
- Snorkelling – equipment is available at Qambani, and guests can be taken to a wide variety of snorkelling spots, from beaches to atolls
- Diving – tuition and expeditions, organised through a 5* PADI diving school, based in Paje
- Windsurfing – from the villa at high tide, or by arrangement in Paje or Jambiani
- Kite surfing – rental and lessons by arrangement in Paje or Jambiani
- Kayaking – from the villa at high tide, or by arrangement in Paje or Jambiani
- Dhow sailing – depending on the tide, these traditional boats can be boarded right at Qambani
- Sandbank Picnics – with a packed lunch, by speedboat or local craft
- Jozani Forest Expeditions – 6,000 acres of indigenous coastal forest park, and home to the red colobus monkeys
- Dolphins – boat trips for ocean viewing and swimming with wild dolphins
- Stone Town – historic tours and epic shopping trips in this unique UNESCO heritage site
- Spice Tours – genuinely fascinating tours of nutmeg, clove, cinnamon and pepper plantations
- Festivals – there are a number of cultural festivals, including music and film, to visit annually
Qambani Villa is one of the most ecologically friendly properties on Zanzibar.
It is equipped with state-of-the-art LED lighting throughout, top level solar power, rain-water collection, grey water filtration, herb and vegetable gardens, and an organic farm just down the road!
Water and power systems are fully backed up.