Garden Beach Villa is located directly on the beach in an old coconut plantation in Matemwe, on the North East coast of Zanzibar. This large property features 115 meters of beachfront in a very peaceful part of the island, where you’ll often find yourself enjoying the whole beach to yourself!
Built in 2012, Garden Beach Villa can accommodate 8 guests in 4 bedrooms.
Garden Beach Villa is light and spacious... and very private, as it is set back on the huge property
Perfect for families... since two of the bedrooms have 2 single beds in them
There’s a beautiful new outside 'baraza style' seating area, with a roof for shade
The bathroom for one of the bedrooms is not en-suite (all the other 3 bedrooms are en-suite)
Garden Beach Villa has 4 bedrooms… 3 en-suite, and one with a bathroom in the hallway. All bedrooms have A/C, ceiling fans and spacious mosquito nets.
Garden Beach Villa is perfect for large groups of families or friends. If needed, the villa staff will happily prepare a couple of extra beds in the spacious living areas, taking the total capacity up to 10 guests.
The villa features several common areas, including a large lounge with comfortable sofas and armchairs, and a small library.
The shady terrace has a beautiful dining table and chairs made out of local coconut wood… which is the heart of the villa, where delicious meals are served.
Garden Beach Villa has a large swimming pool, which is surrounded by a deck of local stone and wood, where you’ll find various loungers to enjoy the sun and a good book. The pool measures 6 x 12 meters – so there’s plenty of space for games or exercise… and then just a couple of steps from the pool you’ll find yourself straight on the beach!
- Private pool – 6 x 12 meters
- 24 hour electricity supply, with back-up generator
- Free Wi-Fi
- Drinking water, fresh coconuts, tea and coffee included
Garden Beach Villa Zanzibar is staffed by:
- A manager who is there to assist you with daily planning, island excursions, emergencies, etc.
- Private chef & waiter– the chef & the manager will discuss your meal plans with you on arrival
- Housekeeping to clean, make beds and to do laundry
- Security 24/7
On arrival at Garden Beach Villa, you will meet your own private chef, Mati. An excellent cook with many years of hotel experience, Mati cooks, bakes and creates the most deliciously fresh meals and treats!
Prior to your arrival we will request a detailed description of your food preferences and appetites.
Mati the chef has plenty of experience and knowledge about local and western cuisine… and of course utilizes all the delicious fresh produce that can be found on this beautiful spice island!
Garden Beach Villa offers guests the choice of Half Board or Full Board dining plans.
- Daily snorkeling and diving trips to Mnemba Atoll with a professional dive centre. Mnemba’s atoll is world famous for its great dives and snorkeling. (Actually you can see Mnemba from the villa – it is very close!)
- Spice tour – you can’t leave the island without visiting one of the island’s many Spice Farms!
- Kite Surfing – Kite boarding is one of the most exciting water sports around, and Zanzibar offers perfect conditions: shallow water, long beaches, good equipment and friendly experienced instructors.
- Sailing – join one of the local fishermen in his Ngalawa (dug out boat with an outrigger and sail) when the wind and tide are right. Enjoy a unique sailing experience on the warm Indian Ocean!
- Stone Town – a visit to the legendary city is a must. Get a tour, get lost in the maze, enjoy some great local food, do some gift shopping, sit down to enjoy a local coffee watching the busy life in the street. The Matemwe villa’s staff have plenty of advice about what to see and do in the city.
- Visit Kilimajuu with one of our friends from the village – let him show you around where he comes from. Make new friends and learn more about life in Zanzibar.
- Visit DADA – a women’s cooperative based in Matemwe. These women produce the most amazing organic products: soaps, scrubs, essential oils, jams, vinegar and pasta. Join them in the production for a couple of hours! A unique experience.
- Taxi service – available at any time of the day, with local drivers from Matemwe.